Saturday, July 3, 2010

Self-Photography - Works #9 & 10



Okay, it's been a while. (Sorry for the wait.) But here's a few more entries in my Self-Photography Collection. Enjoy!


Self-Photograph #9: “Cross-bedding in New Mexico”

– December, 1998


Our science methods class took a road trip that December to the National Science Teachers’ Convention in Albuquerque, New Mexico. On our free day, three of us went to Sandia Heights right outside of town. We rode the gondola tram up to the mountains (from Albuquerque about 5,000 feet above sea level to about 11,000 feet in only 15 minutes!). Up there, we could hike on trails and look through the visitor center. There were even ski slopes there too.

This is a self-photo of me (duh!) and the cross-bedding visible in the bluff behind me (thanks, geology class!).


Self-Photograph #10 – December, 1998

This is called “Average College Student.” It typifies what the ordinary student at UNL looks like.


I took this self-photo right by my car (’82 Buick Century – a smooth ride!) when I was loading to go home for Christmas break. My mom loves this photo and has it framed at home with all of our family photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment